2024 enrolment is open.
Mid-Bays Music school offers group music tuition to students aged 6-12. Lessons are held after school on weekdays or on Saturdays at Murrays Bay Intermediate School. All classes run for 30 minutes. Enrolment is for a full year of lessons (4 school terms) and is open from 1 December 2023 - 1 March 2024.
Please read our Terms and Conditions (below) before enrolling.
Age requirement: 6-12
Age requirement: 8-12
Age requirement: 9-12
Age policy: If a student will meet the age requirements during the year of enrolment, we will accept their enrolment. For example, a keyboard student may enrol in 2024 lessons even if they do not turn 6 until June.
Enrolment is managed through the Kindo platform. Follow these steps to complete your child's enrolment:
1. Login to Kindo
If you have not used Kindo before, you will need to create an account. Following account creation, each student you wish to enrol should be added as a "member". Select Mid-Bays Music as the member's organisation.
If you already have an account through another organisation (e.g. you child's school), click "My Details" and then "Add Membership" under the student you wish to enrol. Select "Mid Bays Music" as the organisation.
2. Select a Class
Select class(es) from the list, complete the form and click "add to cart". Please ensure the student you are enrolling meets the age requirements.
3. Make Payment
Once you have selected the class(es) you would like to enrol in, click "Checkout" and make payment. Once you have paid, a place in the class has been reserved. You will receive a confirmation email in February.
If you have any problems with enrolment, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keyboards and Drums: $270 per year
All other instruments: $170 per year
The lessons cost includes book hire for the year. Students (other than keyboard and drums) must bring their own instrument to every lesson.
We recommend hiring or purchasing an instrument from one of these reputable music retailers:
KBB Rental - www.kbbmusic.co.nz/rentals/
ABI Rental - www.abi.co.nz/hire
MusicWorks - www.musicworks.co.nz/instruments-to-hire
Visit our FAQ page for more guidance on hiring or purchasing an instrument. We urge you not to purchase an instrument online.
Which class should I enrol in?
Level 1: Beginner students with no experience with the instrument.
Level 1 (Snr): Beginner students in Year 7-8.
Level 2: Students with one year of experience with the instrument. Level 1 students in 2023.
Level 3: Students with two years of experience with the instrument. Level 2 students in 2023.
Advanced: Students with at least three years of experience with the instrument, with strong music skills.
If you are unsure of which level to enrol in, please contact your 2023 tutor to discuss.
If you are new to Mid Bays Music in 2024 and are unsure, please contact us at email@example.com.
Terms & Conditions
- Enrolments will be available between 1 December 2023 and 1 March 2024.
- Refund Policy: If you wish to cancel an enrolment before lessons begin in 2024, you will be refunded the enrolment cost minus a $20 admin fee. No other refunds will be given after the start of classes and there will be no refunds due to students’ personal circumstances.
- Please note that the book(s) issued to students for learning are on loan and must be returned at the end of the year, unless stated otherwise. You may make light markings with pencil only. These must be erased before the time of return.
- If your child is taking private lessons, we discourage you from also enrolling with us, as it causes confusion.
- If a tutor is suddenly unable to take a lesson, we will call upon a reliever from within the music school. In the unlikely event that we cannot find a relief tutor, the lesson may be cancelled at short notice. We will make every effort to contact you should this occur.
- If we have to cancel a class, we will endeavour to make up the class - however, this is not guaranteed. If a student does not attend a class, we will not be able to offer any catch up classes.
- Mid Bays Music School offers group lessons. We require a minimum of 2 students to be enrolled in a class for lessons to go ahead. If a class does not meet its minimum number of students by February 2024, we will cancel the enrolment and process a refund.
- In the event of a lockdown and in situations when we are unable to offer on-site lessons, we will switch to online learning and deliver music lessons for all instruments virtually. We require students to have their own instruments at home.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org